Invasive malplacentation of lower uterine segment in first trimester patient with obstetric shock development
1Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Clinical Hospital “Sveti Duh”, Zagreb, Croatian Catholic University Zagreb, Croatia
2 Department of Perinatology, University Clinical Hospital Mostar, Bosnia and Hercegovina
DOI: 10.22514/SV121.102016.21 Vol.12,Issue S1,October 2016 pp.119-120
Published: 10 October 2016
We present a case of invasive malplacenta-tion of the lower uterine segment found in a first trimester, 38-year old woman following curettage for missed abortion. Uncontrolled hemorrhage and obstetric hemorrhagic shock developed, resulting in abdominal hysterectomy, with resuscitation. The pa-tient made a full recovery.
invasive placentation, first tri-mester, hysterectomy, obstetric shock
DUBRAVKO HABEK,ANA TIKVICA LUETIĆ,TATJANA PAVELIĆ TURUDIĆ,INGRID MARTON,MATIJA PRKA,NIKOLINA PENAVA. Invasive malplacentation of lower uterine segment in first trimester patient with obstetric shock development. Signa Vitae. 2016. 12(S1);119-120.
1. Habek D, Čerkez Habek J. Nonhaemorrhagic primary obstetric shock. Fetal Diagn Ther 2008;23:132-7.
2. Hamid Ha, Zulida R, Norhafizah M. Massive haemorrhage secondary to placenta percreta in the first trimester: a case report. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 2015;42(1):101-3.
3. Gherman RB, McBrayer S,Tichenor J, Wing DA. Placenta increta complicating first-trimester D & C. Obstet Gynecol 1999;93:845.
4. Habek D, Bečarević R. Emergency Peripartal Hysterectomy in a Tertiary Obstetric Center: 8-Year Evaluation. Fetal Diagn Ther 2007;22:139-42.
5. Papadakis JC, Christodoulou N. Placenta percreta presenting in the first trimester: review of the literature. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 2008;35(2):98-102.
6. Rouholamin S, Behnamfar F, Zafarbakhsh A.Placenta increta as an important cause of uterine mass after first-trimester Curettage (case report). Adv Biomed Res 2014;3:240.
7. Rouholamin S, Movahedi M, Naghshineh E, Zafarbakhsch A. Placenta Increta in First-Trimester of Pregnancy Mimicking Molar Pregnancy: Case Report. J Med Case Rep 2014;2(12):767-9.
8. Höpker M, Fleckenstein G, Heyl W, Sattler B, Emons G. Placenta percreta in week 10 of pregnancy with consecutive hysterectomy: case report. Hum Reprod 2002;17(3):817-20.
9. Papadakis JC, Christodoulou N, Papageorgiou A, Rasidaki M.Placenta percreta presenting in the first trimester and resulting in severe consumption coagulopathy and hysterectomy: a case report. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 2008;35(3):225-6.
10. Hamid Ha, Zulida R, Norhafizah M. Massive haemorrhage secondary to placenta percreta in the first trimester: a case report. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 2015;42(1):101-3.
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,200 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index The CAS Source Index (CASSI) Search Tool is an online resource that can quickly identify or confirm journal titles and abbreviations for publications indexed by CAS since 1907, including serial and non-serial scientific and technical publications.
IndexCopernicus The Index Copernicus International (ICI) Journals database’s is an international indexation database of scientific journals. It covered international scientific journals which divided into general information, contents of individual issues, detailed bibliography (references) sections for every publication, as well as full texts of publications in the form of attached files (optional). For now, there are more than 58,000 scientific journals registered at ICI.
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) is a non-profit organization established in 2002 and it works in close collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO). The overall objectives of the Foundation are to promote and develop health education and research programs.
Scopus: CiteScore 0.5(2021) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.
Embase Embase (often styled EMBASE for Excerpta Medica dataBASE), produced by Elsevier, is a biomedical and pharmacological database of published literature designed to support information managers and pharmacovigilance in complying with the regulatory requirements of a licensed drug.