Psoas abscess as the first manifestation of Crohn’s disease – case report
1Pediatric Surgery Department, University Hospital Rijeka, Croatia
2 General Surgery Department, University Hospital Rijeka, Croatia
3 Department of Radiology, University Hospital Rijeka, Croatia
4 Ultrasound Diagnostic Service, Health Centre Rijeka, Croatia
5 Pediatrics Department, University Hospital Rijeka, Croatia
DOI: 10.22514/SV142.112018.13 Vol.14,Issue 2,November 2018 pp.78-79
Published: 02 November 2018
*Corresponding Author(s): TOMISLAV TADIN E-mail: email@example.com
A case of 16-year-old female with second-ary psoas abscess as the complication of the Crohn’s disease was analysed. Her pre-hos-pital, long lasting, non-specific symptoms led to ultrasound (US) and radiologic im-aging confirming the diagnosis. The anti-biotic treatment was insufficient and wors-ening of the patient’s condition required surgical treatment including descendent colectomy, abscess drainage and negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT). In spite of numerous complications the condition of the child gradually improved and she was discharged from the hospital on the 71st postoperative day. Two years after the colectomy, the occlusion of her colostomy was performed.
child, Crohn’s disease, psoas ab-scess
HARRY NIKOLIĆ,ANA BOSAK VERŠIĆ,IVICA ĆEPIĆ,DAMIR HASANDIĆ,SUZANA SRŠEN MEDANČIĆ, DAMIR MILETIC,TOMISLAV TADIN,MLADEN PERŠIĆ. Psoas abscess as the first manifestation of Crohn’s disease – case report. Signa Vitae. 2018. 14(2);78-79.
1. Veroux M, Angriman I, Ruffolo C, Fiamingtlo P, Caglia P, Madia C, et al. Psoas abscess: a rare complication of Crohn’s disease. Acta chir belg 2004;104:187-90.
2. Marin I, Serra I, Manosa M, Cabre E, Omenech E. Psoas abscess as a complication of Crohn’s disease: report of three cases and literature review. Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009;32:557-61.
3. Shields D, Robinson P, Crowley TP. Iliopsoas abscess – a review and update on the literature. Inter J Surg 2012;10:466-9.
4. Koubaa M, Aouam A, Toumi A, Loussaief C, Brahim HB, Chakroun M. Psoas abscess as the first clinical manifestation of Crohn’s disease. International Journal of Case Reports in Medicine, Vol. 2013 (2013), Article ID 507024, DOI: 10.5171/2013. 507024.
5. Agha FP, Woolsey E, Amendola MA. Psoas abscess in inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastro-enterol 1985;80:924-8.
6. Chern CH, Hu SC, Kao WF, Tsai J, Yen D, Lee CH. Psoas abscess: making an early diagnosis in the ED. AM J Emerg Med 1997;15:83-8.
7. Huang JJ, Ruaan MK, Lan RR, Wang MC. Acute pyogenic iliopsoas abscess in Taiwan: clinical features, diagnosis, treatments and outcome. J Infect 2000;40:248-55.
8. Richards RJ. Management of abdominal and pelvic abscess in Crohn’s disease. WJGE 2011;3:209-12.
9. Ricci M, Meyer KK. Psoas abscess complicating Crohn’s disease. A, J Gastroenterol 1985;80:970-7.
10. Femminineo AF, La Ban MM. Paraparesis in a patient with Crohn disease resulting from septic arthritis of the hip and psoas ab-scess. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1988;69(3):223-5.
Vol., Issue , Invalid dateTable of contents
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,200 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index The CAS Source Index (CASSI) Search Tool is an online resource that can quickly identify or confirm journal titles and abbreviations for publications indexed by CAS since 1907, including serial and non-serial scientific and technical publications.
Index Copernicus The Index Copernicus International (ICI) Journals database’s is an international indexation database of scientific journals. It covered international scientific journals which divided into general information, contents of individual issues, detailed bibliography (references) sections for every publication, as well as full texts of publications in the form of attached files (optional). For now, there are more than 58,000 scientific journals registered at ICI.
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) is a non-profit organization established in 2002 and it works in close collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO). The overall objectives of the Foundation are to promote and develop health education and research programs.
Scopus: CiteScore 0.5(2021) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.
Embase Embase (often styled EMBASE for Excerpta Medica dataBASE), produced by Elsevier, is a biomedical and pharmacological database of published literature designed to support information managers and pharmacovigilance in complying with the regulatory requirements of a licensed drug.