Volume assessment in heart failure - a review
1Department for Cardiovascular Diseases, University Hospital Sveti Duh, Sveti duh 64, Zagreb
2Internal Medicine Clinic, University Hospital Sveti Duh, Sveti duh 64, Zagreb
DOI: 10.22514/SV101.062015.11 Vol.10,Issue S1,June 2015 pp.44-46
Published: 22 June 2015
*Corresponding Author(s): PETAR PEKIĆ E-mail: email@example.com
Heart failure represents a significant medi-cal and economic burden and is also an important cause of mortality and morbid-ity. The advances in treating coronary ar-tery disease mainly pertaining to modern invasive cardiology significantly reduced the mortality from coronary atherosclero-sis, but on the other side caused an increase in incidence and prevalence of congestive heart failure. Heart failure is a disease of the elderly. In that population the inci-dence is 10 in 1000 patients older than 65 years and has a high five-year mortality de-spite all modern treatment modalities.
heart failure, physical examina-tion, congestion
PETAR PEKIĆ,DINKO BEKIĆ. Volume assessment in heart failure - a review. Signa Vitae. 2015. 10(S1);44-46.
1. Ivanuša M, Kralj V. Epidemiologija zatajivanja srca u Republici Hrvatskoj. Medix. 2014.;112:76-82
2. Stevenson LW, Perloff JK. The limited reli¬ability of physical signs for estimating hemo¬dynamics in chronic heart failure. JAMA. 1989;261:884–888.
3. Butman SM, Ewy GA, Standen JR, et al. Bedside cardiovascular examination in patients with severe chronic heart failure: impor-tance of rest or inducible jugular venous distention. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993;22:968–974
4. Lee SC, Stevens TL, Sandberg SM, et al. The potential of brain natriuretic peptide as a bio¬marker for New York Heart Association class during the outpatient treatment of heart failure. J Card Fail. 2002;8:149–154.
5. Richard C, Warszawski J, Anguel N. Early use of the pulmonary artery catheter and outcomes in patients with shock and acute respiratory distress syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2003;290(20):2713–2720
6. Binanay C, Califf RM, Hasselblad V, et al; ESCAPE Investigators and ESCAPE Study Coordinators. Evaluation study of congestive heart failure and pulmonary artery catheteriza¬tion effectiveness: the ESCAPE trial. JAMA. 2005;294:1625–1633.
7. Shah MR, Hasselblad V, Stevenson LW, et al. Impact of the pulmonary artery catheter in criti¬cally ill patients: meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. JAMA. 2005;294:1664–1670
Vol., Issue , Invalid dateTable of contents
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch) Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded now indexes over 9,200 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines. More than 53 million records and 1.18 billion cited references date back from 1900 to present.
Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition aims to evaluate a journal’s value from multiple perspectives including the journal impact factor, descriptive data about a journal’s open access content as well as contributing authors, and provide readers a transparent and publisher-neutral data & statistics information about the journal.
Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index The CAS Source Index (CASSI) Search Tool is an online resource that can quickly identify or confirm journal titles and abbreviations for publications indexed by CAS since 1907, including serial and non-serial scientific and technical publications.
Index Copernicus The Index Copernicus International (ICI) Journals database’s is an international indexation database of scientific journals. It covered international scientific journals which divided into general information, contents of individual issues, detailed bibliography (references) sections for every publication, as well as full texts of publications in the form of attached files (optional). For now, there are more than 58,000 scientific journals registered at ICI.
Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) is a non-profit organization established in 2002 and it works in close collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO). The overall objectives of the Foundation are to promote and develop health education and research programs.
Scopus: CiteScore 0.5(2021) Scopus is Elsevier's abstract and citation database launched in 2004. Scopus covers nearly 36,377 titles (22,794 active titles and 13,583 Inactive titles) from approximately 11,678 publishers, of which 34,346 are peer-reviewed journals in top-level subject fields: life sciences, social sciences, physical sciences and health sciences.
Embase Embase (often styled EMBASE for Excerpta Medica dataBASE), produced by Elsevier, is a biomedical and pharmacological database of published literature designed to support information managers and pharmacovigilance in complying with the regulatory requirements of a licensed drug.